Here are a few tips:
- Stay where you are - if possible don't drive at all.
- Don't ride your motorcycle - with so many more vehicles on the road this would be a good day to leave your motorcycle at home.
- Drive home early - the later your leave for home, the likelier you will encounter impaired drivers.
- Always wear your seat belt - not only is that a no-brainer but it is also the law.
- Never test or use your cell phone while driving - again it is the law.
- Maintain safe following distances - stay several car lengths behind the vehicle in front of you this will give you a much better chance of seeing erratic driving and avoiding its consequences.
- Be extra careful when approaching intersections - don't assume they're going to stop. Most impaired drivers don't obey traffic signals and signs.
- Be the designated driver - be the hero and make sure everyone gets home safe. Remember even a couple of beers can impair your driving ability.
- Don't drive and drive - if you don't have a designated driver, call Uber or Lyft.
Happy and Safe 4th of July to all!!!
Remember The Auto Analyst, your one stop auto repair shop, is always here for all your automotive repairs. Visit our website www.theautoanalyst.com to schedule your appointment or give us a call at (530) 621-4591.