During the Month of October, The Auto Analyst in Placerville, CA and 174 other Independent Auto Repair Shops across the US are raising funds for a breast cancer vaccine as part of the Brakes for Breast fundraiser.
As part of the fundraiser, the auto repair facilities are giving away FREE (quality) brake pads or shoes. The customer simply pays the labor and any other ancillary parts necessary to complete the brake job and the shops then donate 10% of the brake job directly to Dr. Vincent Tuohy & the Cleveland Clinic Breast Cancer Vaccine Research Fund.
100% of what we donate goes directly to research!
2016 marks the sixty year for the Brakes for Breasts fundraiser.
2011 the 1st year - 5 shops in Ohio raised $10,000
2012 the 2nd year - 27 shoes in 17 states raised $32,848
2013 the 3rd year - 66 independent auto repair shops in 27 states raised $66,499
2014 the 4th year - 143 independent auto repair shops in 29 states raised $115,236.53
2015 the 5th year - 174 independent auto repair shops in 32 states raised $141,868
This Brakes For Breasts fundraiser is different from any other breast cancer fundraising campaigns:
- Dr. Tuohy at the Cleveland Clinic has actually created a vaccine that has proved effective in laboratory animals in actually preventing breast cancer. Think about Polio, eradicated because of a vaccine, a distant memory for most generations. This is the same principle!
- After 13 long years Dr. Tuohy and his research team are just a year away from their first bedside trial.
- 100% of the proceeds from the 'Brakes for Breasts' fundraiser goes directly to the Cleveland Clinic breast Cancer Vaccine Fund, toweards research.
- These are just "mom & pop" shops across the country, independent business owners that have joined hands for a great cause.
- The founder of this fundraiser is Leigh Anne Best, from Mighty Auto Pro, in Medina, Ohio.
For more information about the Breast Cancer Vaccine and a list of participating shops go to www.brakesforbreasts.org, download our "Brakes for Breasts" app to your smart phone and like us on Facebook!
About Dr. Tuohy:
Dr. Vincent Tuohy has spent the past 11 years working on a breast cancer vaccine that would both prevent the disease and keep it from recurring has secured enough funding to move the drug to clinical trials.
Dr. Tuohy is an immunologist at the Cleveland Clinic's Lerner Research Institute and will head up the company, called Shield Biotech, as the Chief Science Office, Shield Biotech, so named because the vaccine it is developing will act as a defense against breast cancer, is a spinoff-company created by Cleveland Civic Innovations, the commercialization arm of the hospital system.